Monday, July 23, 2012

Update and doodle.

Hello hello!


I promised someone an update and here it is! 


Life is a little crazy right now. I have been working on a few different projects both in design, and with some awesome furniture. On top of every day life with three little kiddos. 


I must admit, it is rough trying to get in time to actually work on a piece of furniture. Between making three meals a day, maintaining a house, being a mommy, always a million loads of laundry, it's really hard to be able to sit down and work for a lengthy period of time. Then if you throw in things like letting paint dry and whatnot, working can be very fragmented. 


So here it is. My latest project. It's been driving me a bit crazy! 


I get all irky trying to think about explaining projects, or even showing anything until it's done. You can't picture whats in my awesome brain. No point in trying. 


I found this awesome desk at Goodwill. I love it. I have been having a hard time with color though. I have realized that my house isn't as colorful as I feel it needs to be.  This is going to be my 'new' desk, in our new house when we move. When working on this desk I wanted to add more color, or patterns. Something. I attempted several things, then would have to fix them because I didn't like it. 


Here it was when I picked it up....



I think it's pretty amazing. It is solid wood all the way around. Not some cardboard or cheap material on the back. It was COVERED in dents and scrapes, but had so much potential. 

I have done several things to the color like I said, however I think I have finally decided what I am going to do. It may take a little while to completely finish it though. I give it a week tops. Maybe. :) 

That's all for now, I'm off to the garage to paint some more while the little man is asleep. 

Here is a fun doodle for my special friend who has been asking for updates. It's nothing fancy, there was no time, however this reminded me of 'you'. 








No comments:

Post a Comment