Tuesday, July 17, 2012

From there to here.

I'm excited to share this project with you.

This has been a work in progress for about a year now. It took a good amount of elbow grease to make it look the way it does now. 

A friend and I found another table that was just going to be trashed. To be honest, I must say, out of every piece I've ever bought, found, or picked up this was probably in the worst shape. It had so much potential though!!!

I love the mixing of the wood, with metal, and glass. The design of it is just something you don't see every day.

Now I apologize for not having a good before picture. Remember, I've been working on this here and there for over a year, and a year ago there was no blog in the makings at all! 

The top was DISGUSTING! Did I emphasize that enough? I honestly don't know what happened to this thing. It was covered in wax, some sticky, gross, brown stuff. Part of it looked like some creature, maybe a small child, chewed like crazy on it! 

Here is what it looked like after I had started working a little bit...


For some reason I just loved the bottom of the table. Other than the scraped up brass part of it that was covered in 'stuff'. I'm not quite sure what this 'stuff was. I bought a textured paint. I love how it changed the feel of it. It made the bottom look stone-ish. 

Here is after one coat of paint on the bottom....


After lots (and LOTS) of scrubbing, and chiseling off wax, some sanding, painting, weathering, glazing, screw hunting, and sealing, a beautiful new table has been born. 

What do you think? 



I'm having a hard time parting with furniture. I love it all. I have three tables in my dining room right now. Yes. Three. I can't have three tables in there. I look crazy. I think I may actually have to cave and get rid of this baby. It's just so hard, especially since we are moving soon, who knows where this could be displayed in my new house! We shall see. As for now, I am just wicked proud of how it turned out! 

1 comment: